Saturday, August 27, 2011

Common now, lets get back to RL

The other day I had a thought come into my mind. I have to talk to a lot of people all the time who are just not interested in hearing the message that has the potential to change their lives. Sometimes in my frustration, I may or may not imagine having a "Block person" button right next to the people I talk to in real life. Imagine just ending the contention or rudeness with just the click of a button. I have the ability to do that on-line, but I can't when I'm standing at someone's door taking my verbal beating for the day.
We are taught to turn the other cheek and to submit ourselves fully when we face those who oppress and offend. Why? Because it's what Christ would do. He is the pattern of example we are to follow. I wish I could have understood this earlier in my youth.
I remember playing some of my most favorite video games right when I came home from school. There was nothing better then to log on and play with friends over the Internet for an hour or two before it was time for dinner. There was always one thing that really bothered me when I logged on though. It's the fact that I sit there and listen to a bunch of other guys (and on occasion girls) over the headset on-line cursing and getting in arguments over the game. Thankfully because of the wonderful "block" button on my X Box, I can ignore those who try to ruin my fun. However, I remember also catching myself getting into arguments with some of those people. I still don't know why I would fight in an argument that will inevitably leave one or both upset and being reported as an unfriendly gamer giving you a bad on-line reputation.
Come on people! Get back to REAL LIFE!!! I know that if I were to talk to those people face to face, an argument will either never happen, or end with one or both of us going to the hospital.
This is unfortunately what we see everyday in schools, work places, and among friends. You are not invincible. You are subject to physical pain, distress, and sadness. However, can become spiritually invincible. How? It's as easy as turning your cheek.
Get your minds out of the game! Get back to real life and learn how to become spiritually strong. Contention is of the devil and we are finding that it really is just like hot coals being stirred up ready to burn. Don't subject yourselves to hide behind the veil of the Internet and come out with it. There are people who will always try to stir contention and heartache in people's lives. The question we all have to ask ourselves is "Am I spiritually invincible enough to take such a hard blow?"
The answer is that you can! The reflection of who you are should not change just because you "log on." Be kind and friendly to all those who really are just acting like jerks. Know that you have the power to come off conquerer and you will. It's true, you don't have to just sit back and take every insult that people throw at you. But it's also true that you can sit there and let them realize that they are hurting you by their own fault, and not by your actions.
When you do this, you will be an ultimate reflection of Christ and represent yourself as a good Christian. If we have more people in the world who are willing to let things go and let things pass over them, who then has the obligation to take offense?
I hope this helps someone. It's just something I have been feeling that I needed to write. Have a good week! I'll be back to enlighten your minds next week (if I'm actually doing any enlightening). Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment