Saturday, September 10, 2011

The Epic "Rage Quit" of life.

Wow! I haven't been on here for a long time! Please forgive me. Now I will write what has been on my mind for the past couple of weeks.
I have been thinking that there is a lot of things in this life that has caused us to ask, "What have I gotten myself into?" Could be a job, a sport, a relationship, commitment, even religion. We all have had this question pop up in our lives. I have found this to be a frequent question for me and in most of my efforts, I have tried not to give up.
Well, as do many know, there is a point where we have the choice to "opt out." Some of us duck out more harshly than others and have fallen victim to what is known as the "Rage Quit."
"I don't need to put up with this!"
"Why did this have to happen?"
"Who said I have to do that?"
"Wow that was annoying!"
"I am so glad I don't have to put up with that anymore!"
...
The list of pleading, whiny cries goes on! In fact I don't think it will ever end!
Why then is it so important to endure? I'll tell you why. Because it is an eternal principle! It is what is commanded of us! We are expected to push through all trials in our lives and move forward with faith.
If we are looking for the facts or the proof in our trials, or why we need to endure, little or no success will be found without faith. Without faith we cannot accomplish our goals.
When I was 11 years old, I had an experience where I went kayaking with the boy scouts in northern Wisconsin down a very rough river. We were going to go whitewater rafting but there was something wrong with the water level, so we had to use these individual inflatable kayaks instead. I was hoping to rely on others to make it to the end of the river. Instead it came down to me being left alone to conquer my trials with the raging rapids, jagged rocks, and shallow current, at 11 years old.
I got stuck, my legs were cut up from the rocks, and I was even left behind a couple of times to paddle my way back to the group. But I did not give up. Six miles later we reached the end of our trip. What an experience! Instead of giving up at the beginning because things had not gone the way I had hoped, I chose to endure. I had a very good reason to "Rage Quit," but I did not.
I had the faith that I was going to make it to the end and I did. If you look at the facts, it would have seemed impossible for me to make it down the river. But I knew I could because I believed I could.
We need to remember this when things seeming too difficult to overcome turn up in our lives. We need to have a sure knowledge that whatever has been placed before you in your life, Heavenly Father knows that we are able to overcome.
Quit your whining, you are ready for this. Don't get upset and Rage yourself to the point of giving up. Know that you were prepared for this and that you were ready to take on whatever challenge has been brought to you.
Keep on trucking. Don't let the Principle of the epic "Rage Quit" govern your life. Let the principle of having the faith to endure govern all things.
Good luck Y'all. I'll be back in a week.   

No comments:

Post a Comment